How Does Medical Marijuana Work?
Medical marijuana contains active chemical compounds called phytocannabinoids that interact with a distinct physiological system known as the Endocannabinoid System. This system is comprised of endogenous cannabinoids, cannabinoid receptors, and regulatory enzymes. The endogenous cannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body: primarily in the nervous system and the immune system, but also in the gastrointestinal, endocrine, hematopoetic systems and more. Human and animal studies demonstrate the role of the endocannabinoid system in a wide variety of physiologic processes and this ubiquity of the endocannabinoid system suggests the possibility of multiple therapeutic roles for medical marijuana.
We’re Here To Help You
Our staff is here to help you with your questions. Contact our practitioner support team if you want to learn more about our company, become an ordering registered practitioner or discuss the benefits of medical marijuana.
Get to know Curaleaf
First and foremost, Curaleaf offers compassion and understanding for your medical condition, and total support for the courage you show in fighting for a better life. We’re here to help by providing:
7 easy steps to ordering Medical Marijuana
Curaleaf offers practical guidance on how to get your patients certified for medical marijuana.
Everything you need to know about the New York Marijuana Program
Curaleaf is your source for up-to-date information and advice on medical marijuana.
THC & CBD Products Now Available
Curaleaf offers a range of safe, legal, and full-strength cannabis products made using the industry’s cleanest, most medically precise extraction and purification methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Physicians, nurse practitioners and physicians assistants licensed to practice in New York State and who are registered with the NY Department of Health can approve patients for medical marijuana.
Please call us at 1(833)-470-5323 to help find you a practitioner who can approve you or see the See Department of Health link at https://www.health.ny.gov/
- The Department has approved two-course providers to offer the required four- hour course:
- The Answer Page – The online course will cost $249 to take. Successful completion of the course will provide 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits(TM), 4.5 CPE credits, and 4.5 CNE credits. Please visit the following link for additional information about this course: http://www.theanswerpage.com/new-york-state-practitioner-education-medical-use-marijuana
- The Medical Cannabis Institute – The online course will cost $229 to take. Successful completion of the course will provide 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 4 ACPE Credits. Please visit the following link for additional information about this course: https://themedicalcannabisinstitute.org/scc-nys-landing-page/
- Following successful completion of the NYSDOH-approved course, and upon full compliance with the other requirements set forth in 10 NYCRR §1004.1(a), practitioners who wish to register with NYSDOH to certify patients for medical marijuana must follow the below steps:
- Login to the Health Commerce System.
- Select “All Applications” from the My Content drop down menu.
- Click the “M” tab, find the Medical Marijuana Data Management System (MMDMS) application in the list, and click the green and white “+” icon in the “Add/Remove” column to add the MMDMS application.
- After selecting the MMDMS application, practitioners will be prompted to enter information required to complete the registration process.
- Any questions regarding the practitioner registration process should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Physician assistants must complete and email the authorization form below to email@example.com at the time of registration. The supervising physician must also be registered with the program.
- Medical marijuana research, clinical trials and bench studies have been conducted around the world since the 1970’s. CuraLeaf’s parent company, PalliaTech, Inc. has entered into a research and product development partnership to advance the science of medical marijuana research in the U.S.
- Please see the following sites for more information:
- Curaleaf is dedicated to educating patients on the use and benefits of medical marijuana. Please contact us at 1(833)-470-5323 if you are interested in joining us for a patient education or patient outreach event!